I am currently a Ph.D. student in the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign (UIUC), advised by Alexander Schwing. Previously, I obtained a MPhil degree from The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST)1, advised by Yu-Wing Tai and Chi-Keung Tang.
I am recently working on scalable (long-term and open-world) video segmentation and understanding. I am generally interested in artificial intelligence. I believe in AGIs and has high hope for their potential to transform human civilization for the better.
“Ho Kei” (with the space) is my first name and “Cheng” is my last name. “Rex” is the commonly used “english name” that is not part of my legal name.
- (Jul 2022) XMem is accepted to ECCV 2022.
- (Sep 2021) STCN is accepted to NeurIPS 2021.
- (May 2021) In the YouTubeVOS 2021 challenge, STCN achieved 1st place accuracy in novel (unknown) classes and 2nd place in overall accuracy.
- (Mar 2021) MiVOS is accepted to CVPR 2021.
- (Mar 2020) CascadePSP is accepted to CVPR 2020.
Yes, “The” should always be capitalized for HKUST. This is not the case for UIUC. I also received my bachelor degree from HKUST. ↩